Tripod - Wooden - The Field Explorer
The Field Explorer Wooden Tripod
Back in the day, if you were in the field in France, you might spot a French Surveying Team gathering all types of information for various purposes. They'd mount their specialized instruments upon this tripod so that it would be steady and sure in all types of terrain. Today, it's hard to find any of those authentic tripods they used to use. They're scarce.
So we created our own.
If you're the type of person who loves distressed vintage stuff (or you want to make something for someone else), then this is the tripod for you. It's a cool piece that'll bring an old "French Vintage" style to your home or office. But here's the rub; there's no light on the top. That's where you come in and your creativity shines. Just about anything will fit on the top. You can create something new or put something old on it. Your choice. Enjoy. Limited Supply Available...
- Made of solid hardwood and is hand-distressed and hand-finished
- Adjustable From 28" - 44"
- Top wooden round "plate" is 4" diameter. Comes with a threaded rod (1/8-IPS)
- Weighs approximately 7 pounds
- Chain holds the legs together.
- Each leg is adjustable
- Hardware has Antique Black and Black finishes
- Limited Supply Available
- This is a replica (reproduction) of the old French Survey Tripod (and a very good one). This is NOT an antique that is old...it is new (just looks old)
- *Please note that this wooden tripod will have nicks, scratches, smudges, tool marks, embellishments, flawed finish, etc. This tripod is distressed on purpose to mimic the worn age of the piece. We have done this purposely to create a character not found on modern day off-the-shelf perfect products from those "big box" stores. All of the blemishes are included at no additional charge.
Please keep in mind that there are photos in this listing that show the tripod with other parts/supplies/lights in a custom completed lamp. This is meant to give you an idea of how we used the tripod to make a cool piece. This listing is for the wooden tripod only. No shades, sockets, harps, wire, etc., are included. The pieces made for the completed lamp in the photos are not available at this time.